Yep, I know what you're thinking, not ANOTHER banana bread recipe! This one is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, has chocolate chips AND doesn't even taste free-from, it's sooooo good! Definitely worth a go if you've got some ripe bananas that need using. Enjoy and don't forget to tag us on Instagram @ellies.recipes if you make it!
150g gluten-free self-raising flour
75g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
65g coconut sugar
4 ripe bananas, plus optional extra banana for the top
50g coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp dairy-free milk 50g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
To make it:
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Grease and line a loaf tin.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and sugar.
3. Mash the 4 bananas in a smaller bowl and mix in the melted coconut oil.
4. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix everything together.
5. Add the milk and stir in the chocolate chunks.
6. Pour into the loaf in and top with the optional extra banana (sliced down the middle) and press it into the mix.
7. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour, checking with a skewer in the centre to make sure its cooked - it will come out clean. Cover the top with foil if it starts to look too brown.
8. Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and digging in!